The following is the translation of a notice released by the School of Postgraduates, NJUPT. Click to see the original notice from the official website of the School of Postgraduates http://pg.njupt.edu.cn/2018/0102/c1049a120708/page.htm
Therefore the notice is generally for the purpose of reference. For individual students, the progress of the thesis should be decided by their supervisors. Please keep it in mind.
A Notice About Thesis Defense and Degree Conferment For Year 2018 Postgraduates
Date: January 2, 2018
Released by the School of Postgraduates, NJUPT
To departments of postgraduate cultivation:
According to the schedule of postgraduate cultivation, arrangements for the similarity detection, evaluation, defense and degree conferment of 2018 postgraduates’ dissertations are as follows:
1. The defense of 2018 postgraduates is divided into two batches. The first batch is from February to April (for more details, check the attached list below), while the second is from May to July (detailed time arrangements will be notified later).
2. All 2018 postgraduates who apply for the first batch of defense are supposed to hand in e-paper by February 27, 2018 so that similarity detection can be done. The submission of thesis must require the supervisor’s permission first.
3. Graduate School will disclose the concealed evaluation list by March 2, 2018. Postgraduates who may fail the similarity detection and all the doctoral students should take the concealed evaluation. Postgraduates who apply for the first batch of defense need to hand in their theses by March 5, 2018.
4. The second batch of thesis evaluation is due on approximately May 14, 2018. The deadline of theses for the concealed evaluation is around May 18, 2018.
5. The defense given by postgraduates from each cultivation department will be after the disclosure of concealed evaluation list.
All departments of postgraduate cultivation please carefully organize thesis defense and graduation.Inform related supervisors and postgraduates of this work, in order not to hinder the planned course of degree conferment.
January 2, 2018
The Schedule For the First Batch of
Thesis Defense and Commencement of Year 2018 postgraduates
By February 26
Thesis sign-up and evaluation
Students sign up online for supervisors to evaluate.
By February 27
Similarity detection of thesis
Students’ hand in e-paper for detection.
By March 2
Disclosure of concealed evaluation list
Graduate School extract concealed evaluation list and publish
By March 5
The hand-in and peer reviewing of concealed evaluation thesis
Students who take the concealed evaluation hand in their theses.
Submit application for thesis defense and collect defense materials from the Faculty
The secretary of defense submits materials and defense application to the Faculty for qualified students. Material kits then will be handed out after Faculty’s verification. Please hand in the defense application by the morning of April4.
Students prepare defense materials and start thesis defense.
The secretary of defense submit defense materials to the Faculty
The secretary of defense must submit sorted defense material kits to the Faculty as required before the deadline of 11 am on April9, otherwise degree conferment will be badly influenced.
The Faculty will sort materials, and prepare the academic degrees evaluation committee meeting
Postgraduate teaching secretaries of the Faculty sort defense materials as required and prepare academic degrees evaluation committee meeting
The academic degrees evaluation committee meeting be held
The academic degrees evaluation committee meeting will be held to review master’s degree and to recommend excellent degree theses.
The committee hands in materials to Graduate School
The Faculty will hand in all the materials from students and the committee to Graduate School.
Graduate School sort materials and prepare academic degrees evaluation committee meeting within NJUPT
Graduate School collects materials from the Faculty and prepares academic degrees evaluation committee meeting within NJUPT.
The academic degrees evaluation committee meeting within NJUPT will be held
The academic degrees evaluation committee meeting within NJUPT will be held and decisions on degree conferment will be passed.
Commencement and degree conferment ceremony
Detailed arrangements will be notified later.
Receive graduation certificates and diplomas
Graduate School will spend one week making graduation certificates and diplomas then hand them to instructors of the Faculty so the students can receive them.
Before checking departure procedures
Students hand in theses to the library
Students hand in theses to the library, both in electronic version and in print.